Delicious seafood sauce. The original recipe was in the Australian Women's Weekly with not too many changes by me. I didn't specify how much pasta as we all like it differently, some saucy, some not so saucy.
- 1 lb prawns, cleaned, cut up if large
- 8 ounces scallops, cut in half (depending on the size)
- 8 oysters
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillet, drained and chopped
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook and prepare enough pasta,for 4 people, your choice of pasta.
- Put Wine and water in a skillet, heat to simmer point.
- Add scallops and cook 1 minute, remove and drain.
- Heat oil in the skillet.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and tomato paste, stir until combined, cook 2 minutes.
- Add all the seafood to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add parsley, mint and season with salt and pepper.
I enjoyed this meal however I did think the sauce lacked a little zest, I think some worcestershire sauce and maybe a few drops of tabasco would be worthwhile additions. Instead of the prawns I used a good quality marinara mix that contained prawns, calamari, mussels and baby squid. The mix of seafood was really good and I served over some fettucine.