What a great way to use up some home-grown tomatoes. My family loves this served with their B-B-Q. If you are having difficulty find the Spanish sherry vinegar, you can use balsamic vinegar.
- Cut tomatoes into half and place in a bowl with onion.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and pour over the tomatoes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and toss salad.
- Cover and leave about an hour at room temperature, tossing salad occasionally.
- Just before serving add the basil leaves and toss salad again.
- Salad is best served at room temperature.