What a great way to use up some home-grown tomatoes. My family loves this served with their B-B-Q. If you are having difficulty find the Spanish sherry vinegar, you can use balsamic vinegar.
- Cut tomatoes into half and place in a bowl with onion.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and pour over the tomatoes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and toss salad.
- Cover and leave about an hour at room temperature, tossing salad occasionally.
- Just before serving add the basil leaves and toss salad again.
- Salad is best served at room temperature.
It's tomato and basil season in Australia, so this was a perfect combo for a side dish. Made a smaller batch for two. So delicious, so easy, so fresh, so yum. Thanks for posting.
My Husband is a dedicated tomato fan, he absolutely loved this tomato salad, thanks so much for posting this, I will be making this again and again
This tomato salad is so easy to put together and tastes great. I served with djmastermum's Honey Mustard Wedges With Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper and hamburgers DH grilled for supper. Used one small red onion and aged balsamic vinegar instead of the sherry wine vinegar. Not to fond of fresh basil so I used dried. Will be making this again! Thank you Tisme for sharing the recipe. Made and reviewed for the Aussie Swap #31.