1/1 Photo of Marinated Tomato, Zucchini, Pine Nut and Ricotta Pasta
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This quick pasta meal (perfect for Summer) comes from Notebook magazine - January 2008 along with the following notes & tips: * This recipe can be easily adjusted to suit any taste. Substitute basil with oregano and thyme, or use all three for a richer flavour. For colour variation, use yellow and red cherry tomatoes. If cooking for children, use penne, which is easier to pick up with a fork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 400 g spaghetti
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted (50g)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn (plus extra)
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta, crumbled, to serve (125g)
- 1Place the tomatoes, garlic, shredded basil, balsamic and 2 tbs of the oil in a small bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, place the zucchini in a bowl with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the oil to coat.
- 3Preheat a char-grill pan on high. Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 4Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- 5Return pasta to the saucepan and add the tomato mixture, zucchini, pine nuts and remaining basil.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 7Divide pasta among serving bowls, serve topped with ricotta and a drizzle of balsamic.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Tomato, Zucchini, Pine Nut and Ricotta Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.1
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 54.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 23.3 g