A true blue Aussie dessert, through and through! From Australian Women's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add sugar, beating well after each adition until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla and vinegar, beat further 1 minute.
- Spread meringue in greased, lined 28cm x 18 cm lamington tin which has been lightly dusted with cornflour.
- Bring paper over sides of tin so it is easy to remove slice when cooked.
- Bake in slow oven 45 minutes or until meringue is crisp and has a hard shell.
- Lift out carefully onto wire rack to cool.
- Trim edges with sharp knife.
- Beat one carton of cream until soft peaks form, spread cream over top of meringue.
- Peel bananas, cut into diagonal slices, put into lemon juice to keep their colour.
- Hull strawberries, cut in half.
- Peel kiwi fruit, cut in slices.
- Remove pulp from passionfruit.
- Heat strawberry jam in small saucepan, push through sieve to remove seeds, brush jam over strawberry halves to glaze.
- Arrange banana slices, strawberries and kiwi fruit decoratively on top of pavlova.
- Spoon passionfruit pulp over bananas.
- Whip remaining cream, pipe decoratively around edge of pavlova.