1/1 Photo of Marshmallow Pavlova Slice
A true blue Aussie dessert, through and through! From Australian Women's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add sugar, beating well after each adition until all sugar is dissolved.
- 2Add vanilla and vinegar, beat further 1 minute.
- 3Spread meringue in greased, lined 28cm x 18 cm lamington tin which has been lightly dusted with cornflour.
- 4Bring paper over sides of tin so it is easy to remove slice when cooked.
- 5Bake in slow oven 45 minutes or until meringue is crisp and has a hard shell.
- 6Lift out carefully onto wire rack to cool.
- 7Trim edges with sharp knife.
- 8Beat one carton of cream until soft peaks form, spread cream over top of meringue.
- 9Peel bananas, cut into diagonal slices, put into lemon juice to keep their colour.
- 10Hull strawberries, cut in half.
- 11Peel kiwi fruit, cut in slices.
- 12Remove pulp from passionfruit.
- 13Heat strawberry jam in small saucepan, push through sieve to remove seeds, brush jam over strawberry halves to glaze.
- 14Arrange banana slices, strawberries and kiwi fruit decoratively on top of pavlova.
- 15Spoon passionfruit pulp over bananas.
- 16Whip remaining cream, pipe decoratively around edge of pavlova.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Pavlova Slice
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.1
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 46.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g