Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Stolen, then heavily adapted, from a blog. A very nice corn muffin that is not too sweet. Excellent side dish for soups and stews.
- 3⁄4 cup masa harina
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal or 3⁄4 cup polenta
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chile (I used dried chipotle powder)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (frozen is fine)
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add melted margarine, eggs, corn kernels, and enough milk to dry ingredients to make a thick batter, around 1 1/4 cups.
- Spoon batter into muffin tray.
- Bake muffins till golden, around 10 - 15 minutes.