1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes with Onions and Pine Nuts
I got this potato dish from a magazine many years ago. We love it as a treat once in a while!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg potato
- 3 onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
To Mash the Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, then drain.
- 2Cover and set aside while the onions are cooking.
- 3To Cook the Onions: Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the onions over medium to high heat, tossing frequently until the are cooked and some of the onion is crisp and golden.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5To Mash the Potatoes: Add the butter, some milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Crush with a potato masher.
- 7Beat the potatoes well with a fork until they are light and fluffy, adding more milk and salt and pepper as required.
- 8Serve the potatoes covered with the onions and the oil the onions were cooked in.
- 9Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and grind over some pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes with Onions and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.8
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g