1/4 Photos of Meat Pies
ZWT6 Scottish & British. Containing marmite first produced in the United Kingdom. Meat pies are available from chip (french fry) shops. 5 stars on http://www.taste.com.au
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon marmite (vegemite)
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- 2Add mince. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, or until browned.
- 3Mix cornflour and 1 tablespoon of stock to form a paste.
- 4Add remaining stock, sauces and Vegemite to mince. Bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 8 minutes or until thick. Cool.
- 6Preheat oven to 220°C Place a baking tray into oven. Grease 4 x 8cm base measurement pie pans.
- 7Cut 4 x 15cm circles from shortcrust pastry. Use to line bases and sides of pans. Fill with mince.
- 8Brush rims with water. Cut 4 x 15cm circles from puff pastry. Place over meat. Press to seal. Trim. Brush with egg. Season.
- 9Place pies onto hot tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Pies
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1448.4
- Calories from Fat 846
- Total Fat 94.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 1375.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: