Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A true comfort meal...
Make and share this Meat & Potato Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 425 deg.
- Thoroughly mix together ground beef, flour, salt, garlic salt, pepper & thyme. Add tomato sauce & mix well. Drop from tablespoon onto a cookie sheet to make 12 rounds. Cover cookie sheet with foil to save clean-up. Bake in 425 deg oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare mashed potatoes or use left-overs.
- In a small saucepan heat together the cheese & milk, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Make a nest of potatoes on each individual plate; place 2 beef mounds in each. Top with cheese sauce.
This reminded me of meatloaf.... but much better because there's no breadcrumbs or eggs. The tomatoey beef mounds were awesome on the mahed potatoes and covered in that cheese sauce. I used cheddar cheese for the sauce. Loved it. Thanx!