A magazine find that I haven't tried yet. I love the ingredients though and plan to try it soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g veal mince
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, pine nuts and garlic. Cook stirring often, until the onion is soft. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- 2Add the mince, basil, breadcrumbs, lemon rind cheeses and egg.
- 3Mix (with your hands) until well combined.
- 4Roll 2 tablespoons mixture into balls, place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the meatballs and cook turning gently occasionally until browned all over and cooked through.
- 6To make the spinach sauce, melt the butter in a pan, add the green onions and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 7Add the spinach and cream and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 8Season to taste with black pepper.
- 9Serve the meatballs on mash or egg noodles with spinach sauce spooned over.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs With Creamy Spinach Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.5
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 275.6 mg
- Sodium 826.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 44.1 g