1/2 Photos of Melted Cheese, Corn and Bacon Muffins
Quick, easy muffins with melted cheese in the centre. Make sure you only just combine the wet and dry ingredients. Over stirring will result in tough, heavy muffins. Typically served in the Southern US.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 85 g polenta
- 125 ml milk
- 3 slices bacon, rind removed and bacon chopped finely
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 (310 g) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (125 g) can creamed corn
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 50 g cheddar cheese, cut in 12 cubes
- 30 g cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Oil 12 hole muffin pan.
- 3Mix polenta and milk in small bowl, cover and stand for 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile cook bacon in skillet, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 5Add green onions to skillet, stirring, cook for another 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 7Sift flour and sugar into large bowl.
- 8Stir in corn kernels, cream corn and bacon mixture.
- 9Add melted butter, eggs and polenta mixture.
- 10Mix muffin batter only until just combined.
- 11Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into each prepared muffin pan.
- 12Place 1 piece of cheese into the center of each muffin pan hole.
- 13Divide remaining batter among muffin pan holes.
- 14Sprinkle grated cheese over each muffin.
- 15Bake uncovered in oven for about 20 minutes or until muffins are well risen.
- 16Turn muffins onto wire rack.
- 17Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melted Cheese, Corn and Bacon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g