1/2 Photos of Microwaved Apples With Orange and Strawberry Sauce
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Another quick and easy recipe – how useful they are! – I’m adding in the eleventh hour before the 2005 Let’s Get Fresh and SWAP - Recipe Swap because I couldn’t find anything like it on ZAAR. This is my adaptation of one of Huey's recipes. Iain Hewitson is an Australian cook, better known as Huey, who runs Tolarno’s restaurant in Melbourne and hosts a popular TV cooking show. He is also the author of several cooking books. If serving for breakfast or brunch, you may want to omit the Cointreau.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to taste
- 3/4-1 cup orange juice
- 250 g strawberries, washed, carefully dried and hulled
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon caster sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau liqueur
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1Place the apples in a microwave container, sprinkle with cinnamon and pour the orange juice over the top.
- 2Cover and cook on high in the microwave for 3 minutes, toss and then cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- 3At the same time, puree the strawberries and add 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste.
- 4Then drain the juice from the apples into a saucepan together with the strawberry puree and cook over a high heat to reduce.
- 5Place the apples in a bowl and pour the sauce over the top.
- 6Garnish with almonds and serve warm or hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwaved Apples With Orange and Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: