Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple to make. Great for the children or as a mini appetizer. Makes approx 20-24 muffins. I have also made these gluten free-just use a good GF flour mix and add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 180°C Lightly grease a 24 hole mini-muffin pan.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the butter, milk and eggs together. Then stir this mix into the sifted flour. Stir until only just combined-do not overmix.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the cheese. Stir in very lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pans. Fill the holes until 3/4 full. Sprinkle over the cheese, and some extra shredded ham if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden. If using gluten free flour allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out.
Yummy! These were so cute and had a great flavor. I loved the sweet/salty combo of the corn and ham. I used my gluten free flour blend, defrosted some frozen corn to use, and used sharp cheddar for the cheese on top. Much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
These were a nice quick dinner last night. I learned 30 g = 2 TBS, and guessed at the corn. Next time I'll guess lower, I think I was a bit heavy handed. I'll also add more cheese - I love cheese! Thanks for sharing!
What tasty little morsels! I served alongside Jubes Gold Soup and they teamed together perfectly. Although I enjoyed these served warm the best they would be a nice addition to a kids lunchbox.