Hot dogs are always a hit with the kids (and big kids too) at all the parties that we have. Here using par-bake dinner rolls or small sized rolls and cocktail frankfurts, baked in the oven for a quick appetizer or snack for any party. So easy to make and very economical too. This recipe is easily doubled. Par-bake rolls are found in most supermarkets and sold in packs of 6 or 12.
- .Preheat oven to 200°C and either line a baking tray with paper of lightly grease the tray.
- Slit the rolls from the top, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place a cocktail frankfurt in each roll and place on the tray. Sprinkle over some cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes- the cheese should be nicely melted and the frankfurt heated through.
- Serve with tomato sauce/ketchup or mustard on the side. Enjoy!
Absolutely wonderful recipe!
I have always made these the hard way, I usually bake the rolls,cook the frankfurts and then assemble them, adding grated cheese on top.
BUT this way is wonderful ~ It's all done at once, and the cheese is melted beautifuly. The family love these done this way, even DH ate one and he despises hot dog's!
So **Jubes** this is now my new way of making a quick and easy snack when needed. And less washing up too!
Thanks for posting this **Jubes** ....... I owe you one!