1/2 Photos of Mini Meat Pies
A fun, all-Aussie appetizer from The Essential Finger Food Cookbook; little meat pies - traditional or uncovered - made from ready rolled shortcrust pastry baked in patty tins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Cut pastry into 48 circles if making traditional pies, or 24 if making uncovered pies using a 7 cm round cutter.
- 3Press 24 circles into two lightly greased 12-hole patty tins.
- 4To make filling, heat oil in heavy-based pan, add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- 5Add mince and stir over high heat for 5 minutes or until well browned and all liquid has evaporated; using a fork to break up any lumps of mince.
- 6Add flour, stir until combined then cook over medium heat for 1 minutes.
- 7Add stock, sauces and herbs and stir over the heat until boiling.
- 8Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 9Stir occasionally then allow to cool.
- 10Divide filling among pastry circles.
- 11Top each with two half slices of tomato and sprinkle with oregano.
- 12Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- 13For traditional pies, place the remaining pastry rounds over the tomato and oregano topping and seal the edges with beaten egg before baking.
- 14Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Meat Pies
Serving Size: 1 (2465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: