I wish I could take credit for this lovely lemon flavoured lamb. I found this recipe in an Australian Women's Weekly Cook Book. The cooking time may be less depending on how rare you like your lamb. I often serve this with Greek Feta Salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately as it may take more juice to bind ingredients)
- 600 g racks of lamb (4 racks with 2 cutlets each)
Lemon mint sauce
- 1Combine breadcrumbs, lemon rind, mint, rosemary, sugar and oil in bowl, add enough lemon juice to bind ingredients together.
- 2Trim racks of excess fat.
- 3Pat breadcrumb mixture firmly along back of cutlets.
- 4Place cutlets (crumb side up) on rack over baking dish, bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- 5Allow lamb to sit for a few minutes then serve with sauce.
- 6Lemon mint sauce: Combine all ingredients in saucepan, stir constantly over heat until mixture boils.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Lemon Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.6
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 272.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g