1 hr 20 mins
Always on the lookout for a good meatloaf recipe and this one from Super Food Ideas I find intriguing being coupled with sweet potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg ground beef (lean beef mince)
- 1 brown onion (small finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 large carrot (peeled grated)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (chopped fresh leaves)
- 1/4 cup oregano (chopped fresh leaves)
- 200 g sweet potatoes (orange peeled and thinly sliced lengthways)
- 1/4 cup tarragon (chopped fresh leaves)
- 1/4 cup basil (chopped fresh leaves)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 125 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- asparagus (steamed to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- 2Lightly grease a 7cm deep, 13cm x 24cm (base) loaf pan.
- 3Place mince, onion, garlic, carrot, barbecue sauce, egg, flour, rosemary and oregano in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- 4Spoon half the mixture into prepared pan and using the back of a spoon, press down firmly to level.
- 5Arrange half the sweet potato, in a single layer, over the mince mixture and top with tarragon and basil .
- 6Arrange remaining sweet potato, in a single layer, over herbs and spoon remaining mince mixture over sweet potato and using the back of a spoon to press down firmly to level.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes or until meatloaf is browned and comes away from sides of the pan.
- 8Spread top with tomato sauce and top with tomatoes and pine nuts and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 9Set aside for 10 minutes and serve with asparagus.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Herb and Sweet Potato Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.5
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 249.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 34.7 g