A Great Moist Chocolate Cake that is very easy and simple. But most important it tastes great!!!
Make and share this Moist Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, rice bran
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Heat oven to 170°C fan bake. Line a 23cm square cake tin with nonstick baking paper. Place milk and vinegar in a large bowl and stir to make soured milk. Whisk in the sugar, egg, salt, oil and vanilla essence.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and add to the wet mixture, stirring just enough to combine into a smooth batter.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until the center springs back when pressed with a fingertip. Remove to cool, then ice with chocolate frosting.
- Chocolate frosting.
- Beat butter and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- Add cocoa powder and boiling water and beat until creamy. Makes 1 cup.