1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is really moist with a great flavour. Because of the natural sugars in fruit it is naturally sweetened. I have used this cake for all special occasions and everyone just loves it. Especially when they find out there is no added sugar or fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line base and sides of 20cm squared cake tin with paper.
- 2Place mixed fruit, apricots, undrained pineapple, orange juice and spice in a saucepan.
- 3Bring slowly to boil, simmer uncovered 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- 4Cover and allow to cool.
- 5Stir egg yolks (optional) and soda into fruit mixture.
- 6Whip egg whites stiffly in large bowl.
- 7Fold in fruit mixture, then fold in flour, making a firm mixture.
- 8Spread into cake tin, bake in moderate oven (160c) for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Cover the hot cake with foil and allow to cool in the pan.
- 10On special occasions, you may decorate the top with glace cherries and a few almonds.
- 11Take care- all nuts have a high fat content.
- 12The pineapple can be replaced by 3/4 cup water and 1 cup mashed pumpkin.
- 13or 3/4 cup water and 1 cup pureed pie apricots Add the pumpkin or apricots after the fruit mixture has cooled.
- 14The water is added to the dried fruit so it can be boiled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Christmas Cake (no added sugar or fat)
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wholemeal self-rising flour