1/4 Photos of Moist Coconut Cake With Coconut Frosting
1 hr 30 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
Coconut is my Dads' favourite food (along with pineapple and apricots) so for his birthday I made him this. All I can say about this cake is WOW!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 300 g sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
Coconut Ice Frosting
- 1Grease a deep 23cm round cake pan, line base with paper; grease paper.
- 2Cream butter, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs one at a time, beat until combined.
- 4Transfer mixture carefully to large bowl.
- 5Fold in half the coconut and sifted flour with half the sour cream and milk.
- 6Then fold in remaining half, fold until smooth.
- 7Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 8Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- 9Stand 5 minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.
- 10Top with frosting when cold.
- 12Combine sifted icing sugar in bowl with coconut and egg whites, mix well. Tint with a little pink food colouring if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Coconut Cake With Coconut Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 76.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: