1/10 Photos of Monte Carlos
Posting for Fairy Nuff to have a look at. These are a very popular biscuit (cookie) in Australia, and this tastes pretty much like the bought variety.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 185 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- raspberry jam or other jam
- 1Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- 2Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut, mix well.
- 3Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls, shape into ovals and place on lightly greased oven trays, rough up the surface with the back of a fork.
- 4Bake in a moderate oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- 6Put a teaspoon of jam in the centre of half the bisuits (cookies) and a teaspoon of prepared filling in centre of other half of biscuits (cookies).
- 7Press the two halves gently together.
- 9Cream butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy, add the vanilla, add the milk gradually, beating well.
Nutritional Facts for Monte Carlos
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 160.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g