Posting for Fairy Nuff to have a look at. These are a very popular biscuit (cookie) in Australia, and this tastes pretty much like the bought variety.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut, mix well.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls, shape into ovals and place on lightly greased oven trays, rough up the surface with the back of a fork.
- Bake in a moderate oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Put a teaspoon of jam in the centre of half the bisuits (cookies) and a teaspoon of prepared filling in centre of other half of biscuits (cookies).
- Press the two halves gently together.
- Cream butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy, add the vanilla, add the milk gradually, beating well.