Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
The freshness of lime, garlic, chili and golden melted butter complements the tender flesh of the bugs. Grilled to perfection under the broiler. Fresh from the sea to you, enjoy this tender, sweet crustacean enhanced with the tang and freshness of lime zest!
- Cut bugs in half lenthwise and clean out the 'yuck'.
- Rinse well under running water, ensuring meat stays in shell.
- Drain well and place on platter meat side up.
- Season to taste with freshly cracked salt and pepper.
- Melt butter being careful not to burn.
- Put the zest of one lime into the melted butter, squeeze half the lime over the bugs, half into the butter.
- Add garlic and finely diced chillis to the melted butter, heat gently to combine flavours.
- Spoon butter mixture evenly over bugs reserving 1/4 of the mixture to spoon over just before serving.
- Broil under griller for 15 minutes or until bugs are opaque. Cooking time will vary with your oven.
- Spoon reserved butter mixture over hot bugs to serve, and sprinkle with finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with toasted turkish bread and extra melted butter for dipping.
- Wouldn't hurt to have the Chardonnay on ice, either.