Carol in Oz's Note:
The freshness of lime, garlic, chili and golden melted butter complements the tender flesh of the bugs. Grilled to perfection under the broiler. Fresh from the sea to you, enjoy this tender, sweet crustacean enhanced with the tang and freshness of lime zest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bugs in half lenthwise and clean out the 'yuck'.
- 2Rinse well under running water, ensuring meat stays in shell.
- 3Drain well and place on platter meat side up.
- 4Season to taste with freshly cracked salt and pepper.
- 5Melt butter being careful not to burn.
- 6Put the zest of one lime into the melted butter, squeeze half the lime over the bugs, half into the butter.
- 7Add garlic and finely diced chillis to the melted butter, heat gently to combine flavours.
- 8Spoon butter mixture evenly over bugs reserving 1/4 of the mixture to spoon over just before serving.
- 9Broil under griller for 15 minutes or until bugs are opaque. Cooking time will vary with your oven.
- 10Spoon reserved butter mixture over hot bugs to serve, and sprinkle with finely chopped fresh parsley.
- 11Serve with toasted turkish bread and extra melted butter for dipping.
- 12Wouldn't hurt to have the Chardonnay on ice, either.
Nutritional Facts for Moreton Bay Bugs
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.0
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 223.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: