1/1 Photo of Moroccan Spiced Pumpkin & Couscous Salad
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
A simple main or side dish from Australian Good Taste magazine. Go without the yoghurt to make it a vegan dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 500 g frozen broad beans
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 30 g toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- skim yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- 3Combine the pumpkin, oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Gently toss until pumpkin is coated in spice mixture.
- 5Place, in a single layer, on the lined tray. Bake in oven, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- 6Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until bright green and heated through. Refresh under cold running water. Drain, then remove and discard skins.
- 7Bring the stock to the boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add the couscous while stirring with a fork. Cover with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 8Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Transfer to a large bowl and add the pumpkin, broad beans, chickpeas, pine nuts, lemon juice and coriander and gently toss until well combined.
- 9Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with yoghurt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Pumpkin & Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 877.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: