Russ found this one in the Western Australian Sunday Times-it's yummy!
Make and share this Moroccan Style Pumpkin and Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces (suggests Kent pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (500 g) packetfrozen broad beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 30 g pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- plain yogurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200c. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the pumpkin with the oil and spices in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Turn occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water: peel (discard the skins) then set aside.
- Bring the stock to the boil, remove from the heat and add the couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, pumpkin, broad beans, chickpeas, pine nuts, lemon juice and coriander leaves tossing gently to combine.
- Taste and season. Serve with the yogurt if desired.