1/2 Photos of Moroccan Style Pumpkin and Couscous Salad
Russ found this one in the Western Australian Sunday Times-it's yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces (suggests Kent pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (500 g) packet frozen broad beans
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 30 g pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- plain yogurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200c. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Combine the pumpkin with the oil and spices in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place the pumpkin in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Turn occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water: peel (discard the skins) then set aside.
- 5Bring the stock to the boil, remove from the heat and add the couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the couscous, pumpkin, broad beans, chickpeas, pine nuts, lemon juice and coriander leaves tossing gently to combine.
- 7Taste and season. Serve with the yogurt if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Style Pumpkin and Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 876.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: