This is Day 20: Breakfast, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. This recipe makes 6 muffins. You will use the leftovers as a snack tomorrow! The muffins also freeze really well, and can be defrosted/heated in the microwave. This breakfast is to be followed by a mid-morning snack of 1 small pear.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup bran and cranberry muesli, Bran & Cranberry Muesli (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 4)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup skim-milk natural yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat ricotta
- Preheat oven to 180°C Spray 6 muffin pan holes with cooking oil, or line with paper cases.
- Combine muesli, oil, yogurt, egg, flour, rind and spice in medium bowl. Mix with fork.
- Divide mixture among pan holes; sprinkle with sugar. Bake about 25 minutes.
- Serve 2 muffins each with cheese.