I had some muesli to use up, and found and adapted this recipe. It's originally from Super Food Ideas. The original had more dried fruit in it, but my muesli was very fruity so I cut it back. You could always add more if you like. I also reduced the sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/3 cup, I thought it was plenty sweet! Tastes like a cake-y oatmeal raisin cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups natural untoasted muesli (or your own mix of rolled oats, dried fruit, bran, and seeds, to make 2 cups total)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (AKA wholemeal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sultana (and or other dried fruit)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 180 g butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g milk chocolate (optional)
- 1Line a 8 x 8 inch pan/tin/dish (I used a square pyrex dish) with foil and spray with oil.
- 2Combine muesli, flour, dried fruit and sugar in a bowl.
- 3Melt honey and butter together in microwave, and cool slightly.
- 4Add eggs and butter mixture to dry ingredients, mixing to combine.
- 5Spread mixture into pan.
- 6Bake 30 minutes at 180 or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
- 7Place chocolate (if using) into a small heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until melted. Spoon chocolate into a small snap-lock bag. Snip corner off bag. Drizzle chocolate over slice. Allow to set before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muesli Slice - Like Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 194.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g