Based on a recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly Brunches & Lunches cookbook. This recipe doesn’t freeze well, and is best made just before serving.
- In medium pan, heat butter. Add spinach, cook, stirring, until just wilted; drain liquid from pan.
- To pan, add cream, mustard and parsley, stirring over heat until combined.
- Split muffins in half and toast.
- Poach eggs until cooked as desired.
- Top each muffin half with some of the spinach mixture and an egg, sprinkling with paprika.
What a great, tasty, easy recipe! I had some whole-grain buns on hand so used those instead of the english muffin. The mustard was really great with the spinach and the egg topped it perfectly (I used Nif's Perfect Poached Egg to make the eggs). I think a couple of sliced mushrooms added to the spinach would be great too. Dinner on the table in minutes with ingredients I always have on hand - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!