Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool taste of Christmas and perfect for a Christmas 'down under' (where it's hot). Also great for a northern hemisphere celebration as it's a palate cleanser after all of those rich festive dishes. Make this one the day before. Time stated does not include freezing time.
- Cut one orange in half and stud both halves with cloves.
- Place in a saucepan with the cinnamon sticks, wine, mixed spice and sugar.
- Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves, then cover and cook over a very low heat for ten minutes.
- Cool, then strain.
- Juice the remaining orange and stir juice and port or brandy into the mulled wine.
- Refrigerate for several hours to chill completely.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at the edges.
- Remove from freezer and beat with an electric beater. Pour back into the container and re-freeze.
- Repeat two or three times.
- (Alternatively, use an ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions).