Kate in Katoomba's Note:
A cool taste of Christmas and perfect for a Christmas 'down under' (where it's hot). Also great for a northern hemisphere celebration as it's a palate cleanser after all of those rich festive dishes. Make this one the day before. Time stated does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut one orange in half and stud both halves with cloves.
- 2Place in a saucepan with the cinnamon sticks, wine, mixed spice and sugar.
- 3Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves, then cover and cook over a very low heat for ten minutes.
- 4Cool, then strain.
- 5Juice the remaining orange and stir juice and port or brandy into the mulled wine.
- 6Refrigerate for several hours to chill completely.
- 7Pour the mixture into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at the edges.
- 8Remove from freezer and beat with an electric beater. Pour back into the container and re-freeze.
- 9Repeat two or three times.
- 10(Alternatively, use an ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulled Wine Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: