Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from the lack of variety of toasted muesli's on the supermarket shelf. The best thing about this recipe is the endless possibilities. Based on taste you can add or subtract ingredients that you like. For example; Daddy doesn't like Apricots so we just skip putting them in all together.
- Prepare ingredients so that all the ingredients are on hand and ready for chucking into the pan. Cut pawpaw into tiny bits.
- Get your frypan, put in the butter allow to melt before putting the sugar in the pan. Stir the butter and sugar together and then put in the oats.
- On a medium heat toast the oats until golden.
- Add the coconut, currants and sultanas. Allow the coconut to brown.
- Put the frypan contents into a large mixing bowl.
- Return the frypan to medium heat and add the remaining fruit, nuts and seeds.
- When the fruit, nuts and seeds are hot put the honey and peanut butter in the pan and quicky stir the honey and peanut butter until it melts.
- Put frypan contents into the mixing bowl with the oat mixture and stir rapidly.
- Spread the muesli on a tray so that it can cool and not be too moist.
- Two hours later put the muesli into air tight containers. Should keep for about 2 months, in a cool dry place.