This recipe came from the lack of variety of toasted muesli's on the supermarket shelf. The best thing about this recipe is the endless possibilities. Based on taste you can add or subtract ingredients that you like. For example; Daddy doesn't like Apricots so we just skip putting them in all together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare ingredients so that all the ingredients are on hand and ready for chucking into the pan. Cut pawpaw into tiny bits.
- 2Get your frypan, put in the butter allow to melt before putting the sugar in the pan. Stir the butter and sugar together and then put in the oats.
- 3On a medium heat toast the oats until golden.
- 4Add the coconut, currants and sultanas. Allow the coconut to brown.
- 5Put the frypan contents into a large mixing bowl.
- 6Return the frypan to medium heat and add the remaining fruit, nuts and seeds.
- 7When the fruit, nuts and seeds are hot put the honey and peanut butter in the pan and quicky stir the honey and peanut butter until it melts.
- 8Put frypan contents into the mixing bowl with the oat mixture and stir rapidly.
- 9Spread the muesli on a tray so that it can cool and not be too moist.
- 10Two hours later put the muesli into air tight containers. Should keep for about 2 months, in a cool dry place.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mummy's Mmm'licious Muesli
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.2
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: