Spend a little time next to your cooker for a truly creamy, cheesy, mouth watering experience. Go on, it's worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 300 ml boiling water
- 25 g butter
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300 g mixed mushrooms
- 300 g risotto rice
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place the dried mushrooms in a heatproof bowl and cover with the boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- 2Heat the butter in a large pan and add the salad onions, garlic and mushrooms with some salt and pepper and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Remove the mixture with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Add the rice to the buttery pan and cook for 1 minutes. Drain the dried mushrooms, discarding the soaking liquid, chop roughly and add to the pan. Gradually stir in the stock, cooking for 15 miutes until the grains are almost tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Stir in the reserved mushroom mixture, the cream and the parmesan cheese and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the grains are completely tender, cover and leave to rest for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, check the seasoning and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Salad Onion Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 251.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: