1/8 Photos of Mushroom Kilpatrick on Barbecue Crostini
This is from our local paper and hope to make it when the weather warms up a tad. This was part of their "One for the Blokes" feature and the nutritionist gave it a big thumbs up. Times are estimated. Think this could be duplicated with an indoor grill and frypan/skillet for the hotplate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 60 g butter (softened)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 mushrooms (flats or fields trimmed)
- 3 slices rindless bacon (diced)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 -2 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- 1Preheat barbecue plate to high and the grill to medium.
- 2Combine butter, garlic and 3/4 of the parsley in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and beat till well combined.
- 3Lightly spray both sides of the bread and mushrooms with oil.
- 4Barbecue the bread on the grill for 2-3 minutes each side until toasted.
- 5Barbecue the mushrooms on the flat plate, stem side up first for 3 to 4 minutes each side until tender.
- 6Add the bacon to the hotplate and cook, tossing for a minute until golden and then drain on paper towel.
- 7Spread a little garlic butter on each piece of toasted bread, top with a mushroom and sprinkle with bacon and remaining parsley and then drizzle worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper and serve with a lemon wedge.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Kilpatrick on Barbecue Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 548.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: