Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This rich sauce is great over steak or schnitzel.
Make and share this Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- On a low heat, melt butter and add mushrooms, frying briefly.
- Add flour, stir until a paste is formed around the mushrooms with no lumps. Add more flour if paste is too liquid.
- Gradually add the beef stock, stirring.
- Add mushroom soy and red wine. Taste and add sugar if required to counter the wine, add salt and pepper.
- Cook on a low heat until reduced, stirring regularly.