Cinnamon girl's Note:
This rich sauce is great over steak or schnitzel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On a low heat, melt butter and add mushrooms, frying briefly.
- 2Add flour, stir until a paste is formed around the mushrooms with no lumps. Add more flour if paste is too liquid.
- 3Gradually add the beef stock, stirring.
- 4Add mushroom soy and red wine. Taste and add sugar if required to counter the wine, add salt and pepper.
- 5Cook on a low heat until reduced, stirring regularly.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mushroom soy sauce