Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an old Kraft recipe, kind of like a pizza roll up, this is a great way to use up some stale bread and make great appetizers. I'd say they could be made up to the point of cooking & then frozen to reheat at a later stage. If you use tomato paste, you may need to add a little water to combine.
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- black pepper
- 1 pinch tarragon
- 1 pinch oregano
- 60 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- melted butter
- sesame seeds
- Roll out bread slices with a rolling pin and set aside.
- Melt butter & saute onion, garlic & capsicum until softened, add mushrooms & cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree & seasonings, cool slightly.
- Cover each bread slice with mixture, roll up & secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a lightly greased tray, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook at 200.C for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.