This is an old Kraft recipe, kind of like a pizza roll up, this is a great way to use up some stale bread and make great appetizers. I'd say they could be made up to the point of cooking & then frozen to reheat at a later stage. If you use tomato paste, you may need to add a little water to combine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- black pepper
- 1 pinch tarragon
- 1 pinch oregano
- 60 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- melted butter
- sesame seeds
- 1Roll out bread slices with a rolling pin and set aside.
- 2Melt butter & saute onion, garlic & capsicum until softened, add mushrooms & cook 2-3 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomato puree & seasonings, cool slightly.
- 4Cover each bread slice with mixture, roll up & secure with a toothpick.
- 5Place on a lightly greased tray, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6Cook at 200.C for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Sizzle Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 249.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g