1/4 Photos of Mushroom Soup With Halloumi Croutons
From monthly magazine Recipe+ Using vegetable stock makes this dish vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 500 g button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 brown onion (large, thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock (500ml or chicken)
- 2 cups water (500ml)
- 75 g halloumi cheese (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over high heat, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes stirring until softened.
- 2Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in the same pan and add onion and garlic and cook and stir for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add the flour and cook for 1 minutes or until well combined and then add stock, 2 cups of water and 2/3 of the cooked mushrooms and bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over moderately high heat and add the halloumi and sage and cook and turn for 2-3 minutes or until the haloumi is golden and then drain on paper towels.
- 6Blend soup in batches or use a stick blender, return to the pot if done in a blender and add the cream and stir and cook for a further 5 minutes over a low heat or until heated through.
- 7Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with reserved mushrooms, sage and halloumi.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Soup With Halloumi Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: