1/4 Photos of Mushroom Soup With Halloumi Croutons
From monthly magazine Recipe+ Using vegetable stock makes this dish vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 500 g button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 brown onion (large, thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock (500ml or chicken)
- 2 cups water (500ml)
- 75 g halloumi cheese (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over high heat, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes stirring until softened.
- 2Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in the same pan and add onion and garlic and cook and stir for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add the flour and cook for 1 minutes or until well combined and then add stock, 2 cups of water and 2/3 of the cooked mushrooms and bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over moderately high heat and add the halloumi and sage and cook and turn for 2-3 minutes or until the haloumi is golden and then drain on paper towels.
- 6Blend soup in batches or use a stick blender, return to the pot if done in a blender and add the cream and stir and cook for a further 5 minutes over a low heat or until heated through.
- 7Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with reserved mushrooms, sage and halloumi.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Soup With Halloumi Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: