1/4 Photos of Mushroom Steak
Lavender Lynn's Note:
Recipe from Aust Meat Corp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a heavy based pan on high.
- 2Brush oil onto both sides of steak.
- 3To seal, cook steak 2-3 minutes each side. Turn when juices appear on uncooked side.
- 4Note: Steak thickness determines cooking time. As a guide: Rare remove after sealing; reduce heat for medium and cook and extra 2-3 minutes each side; Well done, 4-6 minutes each side.
- 5Test steak by pressing with tongs. Rare feels string. Medium has some resistance. Well done feels quite firm.
- 6Remove from heat, rest while making sauce. Add onion, mushrooms to any pan juices. Cook 1 minute. Add worcestershire sauce and stock.
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add cornstarch in a little water to this mixture if it doesn't become thick enough.
- 8Add parsley and any juices from rested steak.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Steak
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: