1/4 Photos of Mushrooms on Toast
From our local/state paper The West Australian and by Margaret Johnson one of my favourite posters. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 100 g button mushrooms (sliced)
- 250 g mushrooms (field sliced)
- 1 chili (red chopped or to your taste)
- 100 g oyster mushrooms (torn into segments)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley (roughly chopped)
- 4 slices bread (toasted and buttered)
- 50 g enoki mushrooms
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a heavy based pan and add the onion and cook until it has softened but not coloured and then add the garlic, button and field mushrooms.
- 2Cook until they have collapsed and then add the chilli, and season well with salt and pepper and then add the oyster mushrooms.
- 3When they have softened, remove from the heat and fold through the lemon juice and parsley.
- 4Meanwhile toast and butter the bread.
- 5Pile the cooked mushrooms onto the toast and then garnish with the enoki mushrooms.
- 6Eat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: