Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A yummy starter that is great for coeliacs (celiacs). The bruschetta topping is best served at room temperature-if you are pushed for time slightly warm it in a medium-high microwave for about 30 seconds. Aussie tablespoons contain 4 teaspoons.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large open cup mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed, extra
- 2 medium tomatoes, homegrown for preference
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- freshly grated fresh basil leaf
- Combine the two tablespoons of olive oil with a crushed garlic clove.
- Brush the mushrooms with this mixture then grill (broil) or BBQ for 5 minutes or until just cooked.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except cheese and whole basil leaves) in a bowl and top each cooked mushroom with a quarter of this mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and decorate with a whole basil leaf.