1/1 Photo of Mushrooms With Polenta and Basil Mix
Chef floWer's Note:
The photo in the magazine really attracted me to the recipe and when I looked at the ingredients I knew our family will enjoy it. Cornmeal can be used in replace of Polenta, I also used 12 medium size mushrooms because I couldn't find field mushrooms and it worked well. The original recipe comes from Better Home & Garden Magazine - November 2005 issue
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 1 (45 g) can anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
Polenta or Cornmeal Mixture
- 1Preheat oven to 180oC/350oF/Mark 4.
- 2Soak the anchovies in the milk for 10 minutes.
- 3Line baking paper on oven tray. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms (discard stalks). Place the mushroom caps on the tray. (Set aside for later).
- 4After 10 minutes, drain milk away from anchovies. In a food processor add the anchovies, garlic, basil and pine nuts and process until well combined. Add the oil and then process for 20-30 seconds.
- 5To make polenta: Pour stock into a medium size pan and bring to boil. Add the polenta slowly and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the polenta has thickened. Remove from heat, allow to slightly cool, add cream and grated Parmesan, and stir to combine.
- 6Put one teaspoon of anchovy mixture in each mushroom, top with a spoonful of polenta mixture then sprinkle with some shaved Parmesan.
- 7Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- 8To serve, spoon over more anchovy mixture (if there is some left over) and top with more Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms With Polenta and Basil Mix
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 933.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.3 g