1/1 Photo of Mussels and Pipis in Oyster Sauce
Great way to eat mussels
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a wok and add about a centimetre of water to cover the bottom.
- 2Add the mussels and pipis and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- 3Steam for a few minutes and remove shellfish to a bowl as they open.
- 4With all mussels and pipis out of the wok, add the oyster sauce, palm sugar, a few drops of sesame oil, ginger and spring onions.
- 5Cook for a few minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the flavours have mingled.
- 6Check the sauce for saltiness, adding more oyster sauce or, if too salty, a little water.
- 7Toss the mussels and pipis back in the wok and add the coriander and a sprinkle of pepper.
- 8Serve in individual bowls with rice or fine egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels and Pipis in Oyster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 1206.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: