1/1 Photo of Mussels and Pipis in Oyster Sauce
Great way to eat mussels
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a wok and add about a centimetre of water to cover the bottom.
- 2Add the mussels and pipis and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- 3Steam for a few minutes and remove shellfish to a bowl as they open.
- 4With all mussels and pipis out of the wok, add the oyster sauce, palm sugar, a few drops of sesame oil, ginger and spring onions.
- 5Cook for a few minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the flavours have mingled.
- 6Check the sauce for saltiness, adding more oyster sauce or, if too salty, a little water.
- 7Toss the mussels and pipis back in the wok and add the coriander and a sprinkle of pepper.
- 8Serve in individual bowls with rice or fine egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels and Pipis in Oyster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 1206.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: