1/1 Photo of Mussels in Herbed Cream Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
From Australian House and Garden. Wine suggestion: Pinot Grigio Have this with a green salad and lots of crusty bread. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg black mussels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch spring onion, white potion only,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 750 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml cream
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh herb, coarsely chopped (eg parsley with marjoram or thyme and basil or dill)
- 1Remove beards and scrub mussels under cold running water.
- 2Discard any that remain open after handling.
- 3Put in a large bowl and refrigerate until needed[best if it is the same day!
- 4Heat the oil in a wok, add onion, spring onions and garlic and stirfry gently for a few minutes.
- 5Add wine, cream, lots of black pepper and tomatoes.
- 6Bring to the boil, add the mussels and cover with a large lid.
- 7Shake of stir the mussels around a couple of times until they open[about 5 minutes].
- 8Transfer mussels to a large bowl, leaving the cream sauce in the wok.
- 9Boil the sauce with the lid off over a high heat until reduced by half.
- 10Add herbs, then pour sauce over the mussels.
- 11Serve in shallow soup plates with thick slices of crusty bread to mop up the cream sauce.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels in Herbed Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.5
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 210.7 mg
- Sodium 1465.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: