The Flying Chef's Note:
I love the sauce in this recipe it goes well with other meats I have served this with pork. I have not tried chicken but I am sure it would pair with that as well. It is quite an easy recipe to prepare and is not to time consuming apart from the marinating time which is not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 racks of lamb, with 8 cutlets each
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard (or more if you prefer)
Basil Cream Sauce
- 1Cut lamb racks in half.
- 2Combine oil, basil and garlic in a large shallow dish, add cutlets and mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 4Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 5Drain marinade reserving a little to bast over Lamb.
- 6Place lamb in oven proof dish bast with oil, garlic mix.
- 7Bake uncovered for about 20-25 min's or until cooked as desired.
- 8Slice lamb into 2 cutlet portions.
- 9Spread mustard over the top.
- 10Basil Cream sauce:.
- 11Whilst Lamb is cooking make the sauce.
- 12Heat oil in a pan.
- 13Add onion and garlic, cook ,stirring, until soft.
- 14Add wine, simmer, uncovered until reduced by about half.
- 15Add stock cube and cream, bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 16Mix a little water with cornflour and add to sauce stir until sauce thickens.
- 17Add basil stir to combine and remove from heat.
- 18Serve Lamb with crispy potato slices some spinach and top with sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Lamb Racks With Basil Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.9
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 412.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb