Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A well known New Zealand slice recipe. Normal size of a slice tin is 35cm long x 20 cm wide x 4 cm deep.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Mix well and press into greased swiss roll tray.
- Bake at for 15-20 minutes.
- While hot spread caramel icing over and cut while warm.
- Caramel icing:.
- In a pot melt brown sugar, milk and butter, then bring to boil.
- Beat with wooden spoon till thickens and pour over cake immediately.
Great recipe Jewelies! I felt like something sweet that wasn't chocolatey & this did the trick. This is very easy to make. It goes great with a cup of tea after the kids have gone to bed :)