A healthy and natural way to sweeten up pork chops with the great taste of apple sauce. Something the family will love for sure.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix lemon juice, honey, allspice & cinnamon together.
- Place Pork Chops in a medium baking dish.
- Place above marinade and sliced onion on top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or untill cooked.
- While chops are cooking, peal and slice apples.
- Microwave for 6min in covered container.
- Blend apples in blender for a smooth sauce or mash for a thicker sauce.
- Remove juices from the baking dish and add apple sauce for the last 10min of cooking.
These pork chops were delicious! We were out of allspice, so a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg was substituted and the onions were not added at all due to time constraint. Also pre-mad applesauce was used rather than homemade, although I would definitely like to try that in the future. As they baked in the oven the aromas from the spices filled the house! We baked them @ 350%u2022F and they were fully cooked after 35 minutes. Every bite was packed with flavor from the lemon, honey and spice mixture. We will definitely cook pork chops this way again!