Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the easiest sponge i have ever made! I have made it many times and it has turned out perfect everytime! great for kids to make, and you can add whatever you like to it :)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup custard powder
- vanilla essence (a splash)
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Beat eggs until creamy.
- add sugar gradually and beat until thick and creamy.
- add vanilla.
- sift all other ingredients together.
- add sifted ingredients gradually to mixture.
- bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees Celcius) for 20-25 minutes.
I made it for my 1st ever Sponge and dont think i beat it enough cause it didnt turn out at all.Maybe you could give an est. time to beat for?
I baked the cake in a fan forced owen for 15 minutes and it turned too crusty and hard. I could not cut it into two so I had to decorate the cake as it is. I don't know what but something went wrong somewhere!