Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty quick n easy meal thats sure to impress. My family enjoys this served over creamy mashed spuds and veg.
- 200 g bacon, rashers cut into strips
- 750 g chicken breasts, halved though the middle if thick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 5 spring onions, sliced (inc green part)
- Brown bacon and chicken pieces in large saucepan.
- Mix cream, mustard, water, and cornflour in jug and add to chicken and bacon. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add spring onions and simmer for a further 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
This is the perfect light pasta recipe! And so easy. Like some of the other posters, I used 2% milk because I had no cream on hand. With cornstarch it doesn't seem to matter, and the result is a very light but savory sauce. What's also great about this recipe is that you can keep it simple as written or add other veggies -- I had some leftover fresh green beans that I sliced into bits and added, along with a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan. This is a keeper -- my husband and I loved it!
This is sooo good! I mucked up though as I thought I needed chicken stock instead and before I realized that it was water the chicken stock was already in the jug mixed with everything. Also cheated and served over pre-crumbed chicken schnitzels. Fabulous, thank you!
Made this last night after a busy weekend. Very quick and easy to prepare, and the family loved it, a real keeper!! DD couldn't believe how easy it was, to have such good flavour. I must confess a minor change ... I added about a half cup of dry white wine, mixed it with the cornflour, and instead of spring onions, which I didn't have, I sliced white mushrooms thinly, and added them towards the end, so that they simmered in the sauce, without becoming overcooked. I served it over brown rice, with steamed green beans and roasted butternut as sides. Thanks, Stardustannie, for a real keeper!