bluemoon downunder's Note:
This no-bake slice can be made in a just a few minutes, although it does need time to set before it is ready to be eaten. NOT for those who don't like lemons but for the rest of the world, great for lunch boxes, picnics or potlucks! Another recipe I've adapted from one I found on the Simply Great Meals website. The conversions you may need: 125g = 4oz; 400g = just under 13oz; 250g = 8oz. Marie biscuits are a plain sweet biscuit. You could also use Granita biscuits or shortbreads. You could
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g Marie biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Lightly grease a 28cm x 18cm (11" x 7") slice pan, line with baking paper and set aside.
- 2Mix the biscuit crumbs, coconut, slivered almonds or pistachios and lemon rind in a bowl until well-combined; add the juice a little at a time and mix to combine so that you can see that it's being absorbed by the dry ingredients.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sweetened condensed milk over a low heat until the butter has melted and is well-combined with the condensed milk; stirring, add the milk mixture to the biscuit mixture and mix until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- 4Press the lemon slice mixture into the slice pan.
- 5Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, mixing until the icing is smooth; spread the lemon icing over the biscuit base and refrigerate to set.
- 6Cut into squares or fingers and store in an airtight container.
- 7TIP: Crush the biscuits in a food processor or alternatively place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a lage can.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Bake Lemon Slice
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 100.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: