1/3 Photos of No-Bake-Mars-Bars-Coco-Pops Muffins
1 hr 15 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
Rich, small, delectable and adorable. They taste like a Mars-bar flavoured chocolate crackle. I made these for my son's 5th birthday party and the kids (and adults) loved them. The recipe is from the Women's Weekly Cupcake book which I adapted for mini muffins. Edited to add: I recently made these as normal cupcake-sized muffins and it was much faster and more convenient to make them in this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 2 mini muffin pans with paper cups.
- 2Take one Mars Bar and slice it into thin wafers and then cut those in half so you have tiny squares of Mars Bars. (Refrigerating the bar may help it from becoming too mushy when you slice it).
- 3In a large saucepan over a low heat melt the butter and remaining 4 of the Mars Bars until it is a runny caramel.
- 4Do NOT overcook as the butter and Mars Bars will become a toffee if you leave it to heat too long. The minute it has no lumps and is runny take it off the heat.
- 5Immediately add the Coco Pops and stir until combined.
- 6Put one teaspoon full of mixture into each paper cup and press down firmly so that it takes the shape of the cupcake. Put the filled muffin pan in the fridge while you do the other one.
- 7By the time you finish the second pan the first will have set so tip out the muffins onto a large tray and put more paper cups into the pan.
- 8Continue in this way until all of the mixture has been done.
- 9Melt the chocolate and place about a teaspoon full over the top of each muffin and smooth it gently.
- 10Finally add a square of sliced Mars Bar to decorate.
- 11Edited to add: I made this recently with jumbo sized cereal balls which I had chopped roughly with a knife as I couldn't find Coco-Pops and it was very nice. (Some even preferred the Nesquick chocolate cereal ball version.) I also made these as normal muffins and they were just as wonderful in a larger version.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Bake-Mars-Bars-Coco-Pops Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g