This cheesecake is based on a recipe for No Bake Peach Cheesecake by homegirl. So many thanks go to her for giving me the idea and giving me the "ok" to post my version. I have made the changes necessary so that those of us in New Zealand & Australia can make a similar great dessert. You can also use other fruit & jelly combinations depending on what fruit & jellies are available. Note that the time given does not include chilling time.
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits (I use Arnotts Nice Biscuits)
- 125 g butter (melted)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 300 ml cream (whipping cream)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (85 g) packet strawberry jelly crystals
- 1 (400 g) punnet strawberries
- For the base, crumb the biscuits using a food processor and add the melted butter.
- Reserving 1/3 cup press remaining mix into a 9x13 dish. I like to use a glass dish to show off the layers.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together.
- Whip the cream until soft peak stage and then fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread over the base and place in fridge to chill.
- For the topping, put the cornflour, water and sugar in a saucepan and boil until thickened.
- Stir in the jelly crystals until all are dissolved.
- Chill until cold and starting to set.
- Slice strawberries and add to chilled jelly.
- Spoon over the filling as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/3 cup crumb mix over the top.
- Refrigerate until jelly has set and you are ready to serve.
- Cut into squares and remove carefully. I use a fish slice to do this.
- Serve with some whipped cream on the side or on top of each square if desired.