From Australian Diabetic Living. Times are estimated.
Make and share this Nut and Oat Choc-Chip Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g plain flour (wholemeal - 3/4 cup)
- 90 g rolled oats (1 cup)
- 25 g oat bran (1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon baking powder
- 50 g eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 110 g sugar (1/2 cup or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 80 ml light olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 40 g milk chocolate chips (1/4 cup or dark chocolate ones)
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, put the flour, oats, oat bran, wheat germ, skim milk powder and baking powder, mix well.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and milk together and then whisk in the sugar (or equivalent), the oil and vanilla essence.
- Now mix the wet and dry ingredients together and then stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
- Drop heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture on to the trays about 5 cm apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are light brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and set aise to cool.
- Will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container.