1/1 Photo of Nut and Oat Choc-Chip Biscuits
From Australian Diabetic Living. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g plain flour (wholemeal - 3/4 cup)
- 90 g rolled oats (1 cup)
- 25 g oat bran (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 50 g eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 110 g sugar (1/2 cup or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 80 ml light olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 40 g milk chocolate chips (1/4 cup or dark chocolate ones)
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shredded coconut (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- 3In a large bowl, put the flour, oats, oat bran, wheat germ, skim milk powder and baking powder, mix well.
- 4In a medium bowl whisk the egg and milk together and then whisk in the sugar (or equivalent), the oil and vanilla essence.
- 5Now mix the wet and dry ingredients together and then stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
- 6Drop heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture on to the trays about 5 cm apart.
- 7Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are light brown.
- 8Transfer to a wire rack and set aise to cool.
- 9Will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut and Oat Choc-Chip Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 39.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g