This recipe was posted for a request for nut-less rum balls. Prep-time is a bit of a guess, and doesn't include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chocolate roughly, halve marshmallows.
- 2Combine cream and sugar in small saucepan (with base about 15cm in diameter), stir over moderate heat until sugar is dissolved Increase heat, boil as rapidly as possible, stirring briskly and constantly for about 4 minutes, or until mixture just begins to change colour and catch on base of saucepan.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in chocolate and marshmallows, add rum and stir until marshmallows and chocolate are melted, cool mixture to room temperature.
- 4Take level teaspoons of mixture, roll into balls, press a small piece of ginger (about the size of a pea) into centre, place balls on foil covered tray and refrigerate several hours.
- 5Melt extra chocolate and copha over simmering water, dip balls into chocolate, return them to the foil covered tray and refrigerate until set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut-less Rum Balls
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: