Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Lovers of Nutella unite, a simple & tasty scroll, great for kids lunches or picnics. Found in SFI Sept 2006.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make basic scroll dough Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub flour into butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs (alternately, combine in food processor then transfer to a large bowl). Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Using a knife, mix together to form soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth. Roll out to a 30cm x 40cm rectangle with 1 short end closest to you.
- Spread Nutella over dough, leaving a 2cm border along the short edge furthest from you. Sprinkle hazelnuts and sultanas evenly over Nutella.
- Starting from short end closest to you, roll up dough like a Swiss roll. Using a sharp knife, trim ends then cut roll into 9 even slices (see note). Lay scrolls flat, in 3 rows, on prepared tray, allowing a 2cm space between each. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. Stand for 5 minutes on tray before gently pulling apart. Serve warm.
Though I had to add more flour to work with this, DH found this so delicious, he ate almost all of it and would prefer to eat this over the real meals. Ugh, sinful! Thanks for sharing this Mandy :)
Delicious, Delectable, Divine . .I'm not sure there are enough "d" adjectives to describe these delicacies! :) The biscuit like dough puffs nicely in the oven, even with a little kneading. And the filling tastes like a Ferrero Rocher candy with raisins. YUM! Made for ZWT4.